Skills for Change
Engineers Without Borders Australia’s (EWB) Skills for Change Program is a suite of leadership and professional development workshops that invites participants to develop a deeper understanding of the role that engineering and technology can play in creating positive change within communities.
The program draws on EWB’s experience working with communities in Australia and overseas over 14 years and provides professional development centered around:
- effective community engagement
- appropriate technology
- pro bono engineering
- cross-cultural competencies
- effective communication; and
- people-centered design principles and approaches.
Themes are embedded within the context of current social issues in Australia and internationally encouraging participants to consider their role in transforming communities.
Engineers Without Borders Australia’s (EWB) Skills for Change Program is a suite of leadership and training workshops that invites participants to develop a deeper understanding of the role that engineering and technology can play in creating positive change within communities. Training and workshops are held throughout the year, as part of our pro bono opportunities service and can also be provided in-house upon request.
Who is this for?
The Skills for Change Program has been formulated for a wide audience including: engineers, designers, architects, technical specialists, human resource specialists, corporate social responsibility managers, allied professionals, or individuals interested in community and international development.
'Skills for Change' modules complement graduate on-boarding programs and packages can be arranged suitable to your business needs.
How are workshops delivered?
The EWB Skills for Change can be delivered in your organisations offices or in training venues around Australia or internationally.
Workshops range from 2 hours to 2-days depending on content and thematic focus.
Training can be customized for your organization based on your purpose and requirements.
- Human Centered Design - Introduction / Advanced
- Working with Empathy
- Introduction to Pro bono practice
- Humanitarian Research Skills - Introduction / Advanced
- Appropriate Technology - Introduction / Advanced
- Innovation in your workplace
- Lessons from the Field: Effective Community Engagement
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Cross Cultural Competencies
- Non-technical STEM communication
- Approaches to sustainable community development
- Dialogues on Country - Professional Study Tours in Australia
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org